Positive and negative feedbacks from consumers are both indispensable aspects of running a business. While we can reduce criticism with impeccable service, handling it when it comes through is a skill that firms need to master.
Here are some tips that can help to react to consumer criticism.
- Do not take criticism personally and take time to respond
- Assess what exactly is troubling them and acknowledge the issue
- Be analytical when you see the review instead of being emotional
- Let them know what you are doing or can do to make their future experience better
- Offer a comprehensive view of your capabilities and things beyond your control
- Know that critics help transform from good to brilliant